Borneo Tours ~ Sarawak

Visit Sarawak, Borneo ~ the home of exotic wildlife, ancient jungles, jaw dropping cave formations, age old tribes, and a world of adventure. Our tours to Sarawak Borneo include all the highlights of this wild side of Borneo. You will visit wild orangutans, experience home stays in traditional longhouses, explore national parks and much more. A holiday to Sarawak will create memories to last forever.

BORNEO ~ sarawak TOURS











Everybody loves a few travel facts and our Borneo Travel Snapshot gives you a brief idea of what to expect when planning a holiday to the Sarawak side of Borneo. Read on below as we expand on our travel bites…

Best Time To Travel – Borneo is hot and humid all year round with an average temperature of 30 degrees ~ Phew! You can actually visit Borneo at any time of year. The wet season runs from December to February but we do run our tours to Sarawak from Mid November through to February as high rainfall and rough seas can prevent some parts of the itinerary from going ahead.  

Capital City – The capital of Sarawak is Kuching.  The city center is only a 15 minute drive to the airport.

Currency – The national currency in Borneo is the Malaysian Rinngit. The approximate exchange is $1 = 3 Rinngits. Please make sure you have cash with you while on tour as not all hotels have eftpos. Our guides can help you source a money exchange in Kuching or take you to an ATM during your Borneo holiday.

Approximate Travel Time – 14 hours. There are no direct flights to Borneo.  Most airlines fly into Kuching via another hub in Asia such as Kuala Lumpur, Brunei or Singapore. The most direct airline to fly with from Australia is either Malaysian Airlines or Royal Brunei.

Religion – The main religion in Sarawak is Christianity making up 40% of the population. The other 60% is made up of Islam, Buddhism and Chinese Folk Religion.

Famous Dish – The most popular dish in Sarawak Borneo if Laksa, which consists of vermicelli noodles, shredded chicken, omelette strips, prawns, beansprouts in a delicious curry broth topped with lime and coriander – yum! Our tours to Borneo cater for all kinds of dietary requirements so just let us know at time of booking!

Visa Required – A 30 day tourist visa is granted free of charge on arrival for residents of Australia. If you would like to stay longer then you will need to obtain a visa. If you are not an Australian citizen please check the requirements.

Fitness Level – Our tours to Sarawak require a high level of fitness due to the rugged terrain and humid climate. Trekking through the jungle in wet conditions can be quite difficult so a decent level of fitness is required – but there is no limit on age!

Subscribe and

- WIN -

$200 Travel Voucher

We give away one a month!